When I was a little girl I loved when ladies from the church would come to visit my mother because they would always bring little miniature loaves of banana bread with them. It was usually still warm when they brought it over and always smelled amazing.
This recipe takes me right back to being that little girl all over again. It is simple and delicious and best served warm with a pat of butter.
Easy Banana Bread
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time : 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on method of baking)
You will need:
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
4. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix.
5. Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. If making muffins or mini loaves bake time should be around 30 – 35 minutes. Check on them often while baking and remove from oven when a fork inserted in the middle of a muffin/mini loaf comes out clean.
Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Yield: 1 loaf or 4 mini loaves or 12 muffins.
Recipe found HERE.