It’s mid-September and that calls for all things that make Fall awesome…cozy sweaters, cooler days, and of course anything made with pumpkin.
While sipping my beloved Pumpkin Spice Latte the other morning, I found myself pondering what delicious new Fall dessert I could come up with to blow everyone away at the many upcoming parties and gatherings.
The recipe you will find below is just that. M.I.N.D. BLOWING.
If you think regular dump cake is good then you will absolutely LOVE my Fancy Fall Dump Cake recipe.
Special thanks goes out to my mom, who helped me understand the difference between icing and glaze…and went through her recipe box she’s had since high school to help me with the glaze.
Fancy Fall Dump Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
You will need:
1 box of Betty Crocker Cinnamon Streusel Muffin Mix (not sponsored, just the brand I happened to buy…any cinnamon cake mix will work)
1 3.4 oz box of instant vanilla pudding mix (prepared according to package directions, chilled)
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
1 21 oz can of apple pie filling
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 stick of butter, cubed
Cream Cheese Glaze
4 oz of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pumpkin, apples, and prepared pudding in a deep casserole dish.
3. Add spices and mix well.
4. Dump cinnamon streusel cake mix evenly over the top of the fruit/pudding mixture. Spread out over the entire dish to form a thin layer.
5. Next sprinkle the streusel packet evenly over the top of the cake mix.
6. Place the cubes of butter into the cake mix until the entire dish is evenly covered in them.
7. Bake for one hour at 350 degrees.
8. Allow to cool for several minutes before serving.
Cream Cheese Glaze
1. Stir cream cheese in a bowl until creamy.
2. Stir in powdered sugar.
3. Stir in vanilla.
4. Stir in milk.
5. Chill and set aside until serving time.
6. Generously drizzle glaze over warm cake.
Yield 6 – 8 servings